Policy based on
Trust & Respect
We respect your rights to privacy and that is why we are fully transparent with everything that you should know.
Last updated 4 March 2021
Pay2Home operates and provides the following platforms on which Pay2Home collects, uses, stores, protects, discloses, and shares your personal information or data:
- Pay2Home website at www.pay2home.com;
- Pay2Home Mobile Application (“Mobile App”);
- Pay2Home physical retail outlets;
- Pay2Home Money Transfer Machines (“MTM”);
- Pay2Home loyalty program;
- Pay2Home partner services
The services provided when you use the above platforms, contact us, access our websites or applications, or join our loyalty programs include the provision of foreign exchange, local transfers, international transfers, wallets, loyalty programs, Account, Client and Beneficiary management, MTM, Mobile App, Website, Retail Product Instalment Plans, and any of Pay2Home’s partner services (collectively, the "Services").
We collect personal information about you which we may use along with other information collected or generated during our relationship with you.
We care about your privacy and are committed to processing your personal information in accordance with all applicable data protection laws to better serve you. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data by us when you use our Services either online through our website, in retail and through our mobile app, and the choices you have associated with that data. It also includes details about the choices we offer you in relation to that data. Personal information means all information or data relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information about you for various purposes in order to provide and improve our Services to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Such personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information, for example your full name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, citizenship, occupation, marital status, and government or national identification numbers;
- Transaction information, including your money transfers and bill payments;
- Business related information, including your membership in our loyalty programs, your use of our Services, bank and credit information, employer information and permissions to contact or marketing choices;
- Compliance information, including fraud prevention, identity verification, and sanction checks;
- Cookies and Usage Data.
In addition to the Personal Data we collect from you, we may also collect your personal information from the person to whom you send and/or receive money, as well as our Agents, vendors, business partners, identity verification companies, payments and fraud risk management companies, law enforcement bodies, and commercial and public data sources.
We may also provide you with the option of using identification verification technologies offered by any third-party Service Providers, that analyses your facial imagery for heightened security, subject to the applicable terms and conditions.
Failure to provide some of your Personal Data may affect our ability to provide our Services to you.
We may also collect information about how the Services are accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include (but is not limited to) information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, information about your mobile device (such as device properties, settings, applications, biometric data such as Touch ID/Fingerprint/Facial Recognition to verify your identity, storage and usage information), Mobile App, browser and operating system software, social profile and network, and other diagnostic data.
In order to comply with AML/CTF Laws, assess creditworthiness, and process payments, remittances and/or transactions, we may collect financial information such as bank account details (account number, routing number), credit or debit card numbers, credit information or reports or tax information, such as withholding allowances and filing status.
Tracking & Cookies Data
You may instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services.
Some examples of the type of cookies that Pay2Home uses, include but are not limited to the following:
Session Cookies: We use session cookies to operate our Services;
Preference Cookies: We use preference cookies to remember your preferences and various settings;
Security Cookies: We use security cookies for security purposes;
Marketing Cookies: We use marketing cookies for customer behaviour analytics;
Pay2Home uses such cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services. Pay2Home also uses such cookies to assist us in fraud prevention and detection.
In some cases, some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties, but we don't allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than listed above. For the removal of 3rd party cookies from your computer, you may need to manage cookie preferences through your browser settings.
How Data is Collected
We collect your Personal Data in several ways:
- Through transaction forms and your interactions with our agents and partners;
- Through online forms, registrations for loyalty and rewards programs or competitions, and other online Services we offer (some of which may be managed by third parties on our behalf);
- While providing customer support or consultation, including using email, postal mail, call centres or live chat;
- Through the process of maintaining and upgrading our Services;
- Through automated means such as communications protocols, e-mail communications and cookies;
- Through our Mobile App (whether such may be managed by third parties on our behalf);
- Through your use of social media or other public data sources; and
- Through your interest in our advertisements placed on third party sites.
Use of Data
Pay2Home uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Services;
- To notify you about changes to our Services;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer care and support;
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Services;
- To monitor the usage of the Services;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
Transfer and Retention of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Singapore and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Singapore and process it there.
Your Personal Data will be retained in accordance with statutory periods contained in regulations applicable to financial transactions including those in anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing and other laws applicable to us. Otherwise, we will retain your information only if necessary for the specific purposes it was collected, or to resolve any query you may raise. We will typically keep your information for no longer than the purpose(s) for which it was obtained, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it for a longer period or retention is advisable for our legal position (for example, regarding applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations)
Disclosure of Data
Pay2Home may disclose your Personal Data in good faith that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Pay2Home;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public;
- To protect against legal liability.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the provision of our Services ("Service Providers"), to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform services relating to the Services, or to assist us in analysing how our Services are used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Additionally, we may disclose applicable personal information including, but not limited to, your name, contact information, national identification number, customer ID number, address, transaction patterns and bank account information to the following types of organisations and/or parties;
- Pay2Home group companies and affiliates;
- Our Agents or business partners who facilitate the money transfer transaction or specific service you have requested;
- Vendors, payments processors, banking partners and data processors contracted to provide business and customer services;
- Customer services, based on your consent where applicable, including marketing, advertising and customer satisfaction and market research on our behalf;
- Vendors and data processors contracted to help us validate the accuracy of the information provided by you, and to authenticate your identity and manage risks related to security, fraud and identity.
- Third parties that you have authorised to access your account and/or your account information in order to perform Services for you, such as account information Service Providers and payment initiation Service Providers.
We may also transmit personal information we possess in connection with a sale or transfer of all or part of our business. We may also disclose your personal information globally, as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, to regulatory and financial authorities, credit reporting agencies, law enforcement bodies, courts, governments or government agencies, to meet compliance and legal obligations or to assert or defend the rights and interests of Pay2Home or others.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Services, including but not limited to:
Gogle Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we shall take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: http://www.pay2home.com/contactUs.html